A chance for a career with one of the U.K’s top Architectural Practices. The successful candidate will be working in our busy Wakefield office, located close to the centre of Wakefield.
The main purpose of this role is to provide ICT support to the users within the business and to troubleshoot hardware and software issues as and when they arise.
• To provide first line support, answering queries via email, phone or face-to-face.
• To take ownership of first-line user issues and be pro-active when dealing with queries.
• To update the asset register and record IT equipment being deployed in the business.
• Managing licensing and ensuring compliance is maintained.
• Troubleshooting laptops, desktops, and printers.
• Adding new users to the system and setting up email accounts.
• Configuring new computers for use on the network/decommissioning old equipment.
• Network troubleshooting and monitoring the performance of the systems.
• Provide support and initial training to staff on the use of the business software systems.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
• A sound understanding of the common Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
• Excellent communication skill both written and verbal.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to follow an issue through to a solution.
• Excellent attention to detail and self-organisation.
The key attributes we are looking for in a candidate are they are trust worthy, and have the ability to work under pressure and work to deadlines. Be keen to learn new technologies and also to communicate issues with colleagues and management.
Candidates should be over 18 years of age and have at least 5 GCSE and A Levels or equivalent. Training on various software packages will be available when applicable.
Please send C.V’s to firstname.lastname@example.org